Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Old 05-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Beyond PitMaster
BBQ Addict

Zeeman will become famous soon enoughZeeman will become famous soon enough

Default Conroe KOA Cook-Off

Great weather, great folks, great surroundings made for a really great weekend.

Special thanks to RedNeck and his lovely wife, Sharon, for putting Tee & I up for the weekend. We shared a campsite, they had the camper and we had the pit. We had the best weekend we've had in a long time.

Congratulations and thank you to all that came out and cooked in and
organized this event to make it a real success. Ya'll made it worth the ride.

Tee made a big dessert that we forgot about till later Saturday night. RedNeck & I forced most of it down.
And the "shower" was a wonderful thing to have available to us.

As soon as next year dates for this event are set, Tee & I want to be the first to know.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...0&h=1&y=tab7x8

Tee & Zee

ps. thanks for twisting my arm Texana.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Administrator
BBQ Pitmaster

Texana has a spectacular aura aboutTexana has a spectacular aura about

As always ... to was great to see you and Tee ....

It is always a pleasure ...

Great showing on your placements ...

Your Killin me Pop's ....

It's the new battle cry .... Thanks to CoCo for dat one ....
Old 05-13-2007, 07:42 PM
BBQ Guru

Zilla will become famous soon enough

Z you have a way with simplicity!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:12 PM
BBQ Addict

Bad Santa is on a distinguished road

Zeeman, always a pleasure when we meet up, enjoyed seeing and visiting with everyone one of ya'll that attended. That's one of the things that makes these cookoffs such a pleasure to attend... All the laughter, food and good times shared with friends and their families. The friendships made through this forum and cookoffs just keeps growing....Looking forward to crossing paths with everyone again soon.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:45 PM
BBQ Artist

Hankerin Bar-B-Q is on a distinguished road

ZEE! Thanks for that taste of venison backstrap, man that was somethin good!! That was my first time having such a delicious treat like that.
It's always a pleasure meeting up with you. Say Hi to Tee for me and Jennifer. It was a real nice surprise seeing you guys there, as well as RedNeck and meeting his lovely wife Sharon. Nothing but good times...
Old 05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Beyond PitMaster
BBQ Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankerin Bar-B-Q View Post
ZEE! Thanks for that taste of venison backstrap, man that was somethin good!! That was my first time having such a delicious treat like that.
It's always a pleasure meeting up with you. Say Hi to Tee for me and Jennifer. It was a real nice surprise seeing you guys there, as well as RedNeck and meeting his lovely wife Sharon. Nothing but good times...
Thanks Hank, really were'nt nothing, seen it laying on da side of da road down near Humble on our way up. Stopped a cut out a hunk of dat strap to cook up for breakfast.
Next time I see one I'll just throw the hole thing in the truck and we'll have more then a taste

I never got back cross town to your camp again and was wondering how them taco bells things Jenny was cooking for breakfast came out? I know they was smelling like da was going to be real musty.

Enjoyed seeing ya'll again.
z
Old 05-15-2007, 08:52 AM
BBQ Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post
.....taco bells things.....??........musty....??? z
You're killing Pop's...you're killing me! But I'm gonna let that one go...seeing how you shared your backstrap and all.

As a matter of fact, her homemade mexican breakfast was quite delightful. It reminded me of my early growing up years. We're talkin fresh flour tortillas, scrambled eggs with sauteed diced onions and tomatoes (all cooked in real butter), carnitas (made from the pork spare rib trimmings), homemade green salsa, bacon, and cheese to top it off. Oh and I washed it back with some Mexican coffee (black coffee with a Mexican coffee liquer).

So yeah, I would have to say it was goooooooooooood. You know what they say....breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Beyond PitMaster
BBQ Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankerin Bar-B-Q View Post
You're killing Pop's...you're killing me! But I'm gonna let that one go...seeing how you shared your backstrap and all.

As a matter of fact, her homemade mexican breakfast was quite delightful. It reminded me of my early growing up years. We're talkin fresh flour tortillas, scrambled eggs with sauteed diced onions and tomatoes (all cooked in real butter), carnitas (made from the pork spare rib trimmings), homemade green salsa, bacon, and cheese to top it off. Oh and I washed it back with some Mexican coffee (black coffee with a Mexican coffee liquer).

So yeah, I would have to say it was goooooooooooood. You know what they say....breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Musty........."Must have more"
We got to next to ya'll at the next cook-off ya know. It sounds like we missed out, again, on some fine foods.
Where did ya'll learn to cook up such fine dishes as that? Gota send Tee there ya know.
z
Old 05-15-2007, 09:23 AM
BBQ Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post
Musty........."Must have more"
We got to next to ya'll at the next cook-off ya know. It sounds like we missed out, again, on some fine foods.
Where did ya'll learn to cook up such fine dishes as that? Gota send Tee there ya know.
z
ROTFLMAO Ok, you got me on that one, Zee. Thanks for the schoolin. You got it, buddy, just let me know when you'll be cookin down this way, again, and we'll do our best to be neighbors.