Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Old 03-23-2010, 08:48 AM

stiffyman is on a distinguished road

Default KCBS comp question

Nothing butt category-Is it neccesarry to have 6 servings of whatever we enter? I am doing a green chile cheesecake, it is firm but not firm enough to slice, its almost like a dip.

side dish-in a 9x9 container and no garnish limitations---would it be considered marking if we put small toothpick flags in the container to decorate it?

beans---I plan in small slices of cornbread in the 9x9 container with 6 small cups. can i turn in with the cormbread like this?

thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 10:08 PM
The artist formerly known as ... Gracie!
BBQ Addict

totally smoked will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffyman View Post
Nothing butt category-Is it neccesarry to have 6 servings of whatever we enter? I am doing a green chile cheesecake, it is firm but not firm enough to slice, its almost like a dip.

side dish-in a 9x9 container and no garnish limitations---would it be considered marking if we put small toothpick flags in the container to decorate it?

beans---I plan in small slices of cornbread in the 9x9 container with 6 small cups. can i turn in with the cormbread like this?

thanks
#1 yes. 6 min..you can put more in for the standers by in the judging tent but 6 is min.

#2 Yes. It's considered marking and a dq will result

#3 Not sure on that one. I would say yes if it's individualized...Maybe someone smart will pipe in.