Originally Posted by Myfight
I actually smoked a brisket last night to do a test run...no harm in having some extra brisket for later.
I'm gonna try cooling it in an ice chest then stick it in the fridge...slice it later. If this works, i'll do the same with the rest.
My brisket turned out great, thanks to all the great tips i get from here. This is what happened.
1. Smoked 13hrs. Internal temp was 192 (that's my magic number)
2. Let it rest for 2 hrs in an ice chest wrapped in foil.
3. After the 2 hrs the internal temp was 185.
4. I put the entire brisket (still in foil) in an ice chest with ice.
5. The temp went down fast. In one hour the temp fell to 135.
6. Put it in the fridge. After the second hr the internal temp only fell to 110.
7. Took it out, cut it in 3 portions. Two portions from the point, and the flat.
8. Wrapped in foil and put back in, and left them there.
I reheated two portions for my friends and family, and i saved the third.
???Don't know if i should have left the whole brisket even if the temp did not reach 70 within the two hours recommended.
I usually drain the excess "juice" and save half for the Sauce and the other half goes back to brisket for reheating.